Saturday, August 20, 2011

Arrival

Dad "pushing":
He heard that Mom might have to push a lot,
 so he offered to help!
 Anyone who has ever visited Amman knows that, unless you're flying Royal Jordanian, chances are very good that you'll arrive some time in the wee hours of the morning--so why should I have been any different?

Yep, Mom & me
I was born at the Istishari Hospital in Amman, Jordan, at 1:40 a.m. on Thursday, August 18, 2011. I weighed 3.4 kg (that's about 7.5 lbs) and was 50 cm (about 20 inches) long. With my fringe of light blonde hair and dark blue eyes (well, for now at least), I definitely stuck out in the nursery--everyone else in there had dark eyes and a full head of jet black hair!!!
Here's Dad and me,
maybe a minute after I showed up


By the time the nurses were done cleaning me up, measuring me, and who knows what else (can you believe what they make you go through these days?!), I was ready to hang out with Mom for a while and try to figure out this whole eating thing. Not as easy as everyone makes it seem! Then it was back to the nursery for more trauma (sticking my foot for blood?!) before we finally got to go sleep for a few hours in the hospital room. 

According to Mom & Dad,
this is what I look like most of the time:
a blanket with a head.
Apparently, "swaddling" is a good thing! 

1 comment:

  1. she is beautiful molly , congrats to both of you , love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Media Picture

In this picture, I cut out pictures from an extra book we had, I colored with pens, and I painted. ( I used collage, ink, and paint.) I ch...