Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Time!

Mail Delivery! My friends Sara & Saif
 (and their mom, Noha) gave me this
great mail cart that I can push!


Welcome to summer! The warmer weather here in Amman means that I get to spend a lot more time outside (Dad put up tarps to make a great shady area for me to play in) and that Mom gets to do a lot more laundry (you'd be amazed at how black my feet and clothes can get!).

Summers also, though, mean more time with friends. Not long ago Saif and Sara and their mommy came over for a barbecue, and I'm getting to know the other kids in the "haara" (neighborhood) a lot more now that we're all outside. They're all bigger than me, so they can all walk, but they're willing to help me out so that I can join in as well. And one friend, Tareq, is only two, so he likes to come play blocks with me. Yesterday we even played with bubbles!

Summertime also means some good-byes :(  Malou will be working with someone else next year, so I had to say "good-bye" to her. My friends Joshua, David, Hannah, and Sarah are also in the States, so I don't get to see them much. And Mom has had to say "good-bye" to some of her friends at work. Not a lot of fun.

Thank you, Malou! I will miss you!
Good news, though, is that in only one week I get to see Grandma Ginna! Woo-hoo! I've been working hard, practicing standing and sitting (it's kind-of hard to go from standing to sitting without falling!), walking and crawling, and I must say that I think I'm getting pretty good.

The other good news about summer is that Mom gets to be home all day. So we play and I help her clean house (I'm quite good at taking the tupperware out of the cupboard for her, and yesterday I tipped the water over so she could wash the floor) and we listen to music and go on walks and lots of other things. Quite busy, you know.  Fortunately, she still lets me take naps. Huh. Wonder what she does during those times!

Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Media Picture

In this picture, I cut out pictures from an extra book we had, I colored with pens, and I painted. ( I used collage, ink, and paint.) I ch...