Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer Vacation IV: Heading Home

Yes, I realize that, compared to the rest of the trip, the way home really didn't take all that long. But that doesn't mean there aren't pictures to share, stories to tell!

First off, there's this place called Cracker Barrell or something like that. Not sure why: I didn't eat crackers, and I don't remember seeing any barrells. But they've got great food, so we stopped there and did our "Three Bears" imitation (you know, big chair, medium chair, little chair?).



That night we stayed in a hotel near the Chicago airport, and since they had a swimming pool, Mom & Dad decided it was high time I experienced the whole concept of swimming (yes, Jordan is a water scarce country, and there aren't all that many pools in my life over there).

It was't bad . . . kind-of like a big bath with clothes on, maybe?




And then it was packing . . . and shopping . . . and then packing some more. I made sure to get right in there and help whenever I could.


The actual airplane ride home was pretty uneventful. I slept a bit, played a bit, walked a bit . . . and then we were home! I've got to say . . . America was great, and the time with friends was even better . . . but dare I join Dorothy in saying "there's no place like home?"


Ahhh . . . dirt!
Our first night home, we had
Iftar dinner down at Hashem,
a famous hommous shop.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Media Picture

In this picture, I cut out pictures from an extra book we had, I colored with pens, and I painted. ( I used collage, ink, and paint.) I ch...