Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Alien Babies and Barbecues

OK, Mom may have lived in Japan when she was younger, but she definitely missed out on the tech-savvy side of life: it's taken her five days to figure out how to get a photo off of her phone and on to her computer. I mean, come on, Mom: Grandma could do this ages ago!

Like I said: straight out of science-fiction!
So, anyway, that's why it's taken me so long to get my next post up: I was waiting for the photo. Yes, I know I look like something straight out of The Matrix (just like my Uncle Dave?) or some other science-fiction film, but that's not really what's going on. All that was happening is that I was getting my hearing tested . . . of course, it might have helped if I weren't hollering to get out of there the whole time, but they said my hearing is fine, so something must have worked!



But that was just a one-time thing: I don't normally spend my time dressed up as some sort of alien baby. These days, I spend a lot more of my time, well, sleeping of course. And eating, taking baths, etc. But I've added some new things to my repertoire! I got a bit tired of the "one cry fits all," so I've been trying out new sounds: Mom calls them "cooing," but I'm just trying out my range of tones. I've also been smiling a lot more--still practicing when and for what reason, but it's been fun to watch Mom & Dad's reaction when I try it out! 



Consulting for Daddy

Cutting wood in Amman:
Daddy-Daughter Time
A more important task, though, has been helping Daddy. We have a great barbecue outside in our garden, and Mom & Dad love hosting barbecues for people, but that does mean that sometimes Daddy has to cut wood. I figure that, even though he's been doing this for a while, he might need someone to just keep an eye out, make sure he doesn't miss anything. So far I haven't needed to point anything out, but I figure I had better stay close just in case! 

1 comment:

  1. loved looking at her pictures , she is getting so big , but she sure is beautiful ! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Media Picture

In this picture, I cut out pictures from an extra book we had, I colored with pens, and I painted. ( I used collage, ink, and paint.) I ch...