Wednesday, September 28, 2011

40 days!


Me telling Mommy about the play date
Here in Jordan, there's a tradition that babies need to stay at home for the first 40 days of their lives. Obviously I've been a bit . . . unconventional shall we say? in regards to that tradition. However, it seemed like a good time to celebrate, so on Monday I had my first "play date."

Jenna, me, and Laila
Mom met Jenna and Laila's moms during her prenatal class, before I was even born. Both Jenna and Laila are older than me: Laila is already 10 weeks old, and Jenna is 9 weeks old--but she was supposed to be born on my birthday! Anyway: we had a great time: we played together on Laila's toy mat, we had snack time, and Jenna and I even got to check out Laila's changing table: it's an antique dresser, so it's definitely fancier than mine, but I've got the window view, so I guess I'll stick with it!

Other than that, life is continuing on as normal, I suppose. I'm getting to meet more people (Mom & Dad say they're getting "braver" about taking me out . . . whatever that means!), and I'm still getting to take baths!  Oh, and the trench coat outfits are starting to fit a little better :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sloan,
    It is so fun to see pics of you as a mom :) Congratulations! You're daughter is absolutely precious!

    Take care,
    :)Heather

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Media Picture

In this picture, I cut out pictures from an extra book we had, I colored with pens, and I painted. ( I used collage, ink, and paint.) I ch...