Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthdays and Barbecues


I wasn't kidding when I said that Mom & Dad love hosting barbecues: I turned one month today, so Mom decided that, of course, we must have a barbecue in celebration. She was in charge of the guest list and the food; I provided entertainment.

And I have to admit, I was entertained as well: lots of people were willing to hold me, talk with me, and even bring me toys to play with (thanks, Hannah!). And I had a new chair to sit in, so I was able to join in with the adults as they sat outside around the barbecue.

Sarah has been waiting
to hold me for a long time:
before I was born, she used
to ask Mom to "open it up"
so that she could meet me!
Well, OK, so the boys didn't
actually do much talking
directly with me, but they were
definitely entertaining!
Hannah was willing to get  right
down there with me! She's one of the
people who helped pick out (and give)
my play mat to me.

Today (my actual one-month birthday) I got to talk with Grandma Ginna and Gran-Tom, since it is his real birthday today, and I again spent some time practicing my smiling and playing on my play-mat. Overall, a great birthday--and a great month!


The video below is terrible quality (I have a pinkish purple streak across my face throughout most of it!), but Mom insisted that I include it because it's her evidence that I've been smiling (like I said, it's been fun to watch her reaction!). Hopefully she'll figure out better video quality soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Media Picture

In this picture, I cut out pictures from an extra book we had, I colored with pens, and I painted. ( I used collage, ink, and paint.) I ch...